June 15, 2015

So far in the DR (credit to Hermana Collins)

"There's not a ton of news this week.  We had a meeting in Santo Domingo one day and an intercambio in Hato Mayor another day.  So we didn't have as much proselyting time as usual.

But, Miriam accepted a date for the 11th of July, AND she set goals to quit smoking.  It was fantastic. 
She was a contact. We taught her lesson 1, her pregnant daughter got really sick, and she was out of town for about a month.  But now she is back with a miracle granddaughter, and she's so receptive.  

We were worried about how she'd react to the word of wisdom, but when she read the 5 things we should avoid, she just said, "tobacco, coffee, tea. . . I need to quit those." So we put goals, and we've been passing daily to check up.  

She didn't come to church on Sunday because her daughter had another health scare ;(  Pray for her daughter, please!

Also, pray for Leoncito, Altagracia, and Margarita!  (Two of whom came to church!!!)

One of the highlights of the week was when we were coming home from our leadership meeting on Wednesday with President and the zone leaders, and president said, "Elders and sisters, we need to discuss a couple things before the meeting.  And I think we should do it at Burger King." I got a [caramel] sundae ;)"

Thank you Hermana Collins for writing my weekly update. When you do everything together, there isn't much different to report. She got a chocolate sundae though, one difference.

My testimony grew today.
Listen to me, Heavenly Father knows what is best. 
I got to see a happy ending in my personal life where steps of faith led to knowledge.  When we do what He says and want what He wants... it really turns out to be better than we could have written or dreamed ourselves.

I am filled with a happy that doesn't have words. And assigned to a work that doesn't have limits.

I love everyone!


Hermana Meldrum