January 11, 2016

I have even had really dear missionaries, I don't know why I am tell you

We have a less active lady in our area that we go to on occasion. I, on Tuesday, was tired of her less-activity and asked what her deal was, (not using such a phrase with her, don't worry) She couldn't give me anything valid. Surprise. I asked when she stopped going to church. 
"Two years ago in February."
Okay, if she has a date, something happened. 
 
Sure enough, she continued her already lengthy reply and tells all. I was surprised. And so was she. "I don't know why I am telling you this. I have even had really dear missionaries and have never told a soul, I don't know why I am telling you."

It is true we aren't very close, as I said, I was frustrated at her. Neither of us knew why, but the Lord did. Turns out, she needed to forgive someone. We called and scheduled an appointment for him to come on Sunday, or, yesterday.
 
So, there we are. And nervous. She is kinda a tough lady. She doesn't start out looking like forgiveness, mostly looking like angry blame. Angry and mistaken blame, the brother lets her know how wrong she is and it involves his own tears. My companion and I praying since the start, make eye contact. It is escalating now and they are both talking at the same time! I am reaching for something... I do not even know what it is... words?
 
I raise my hands referee style and start saying something so that they have a minute to breathe and maybe feel some of the spirit my still praying companion is inviting. Hymn book. Inspiration. (Thanks to my Dad's experience at a certain funeral I know which song to choose)
Truth reflects upon our senses...
Simply put, I called them both beam-eyes and invited them to humble down.
And it worked.
 
They continued to converse after my time-out and the brother asked a thousand pardons. (For something he hadn't really done) And the sister, after two years of practicing anger... forgave. I think. And then to finish, the brother offered the closing prayer asking for the other and proceeded to bless every individual member of her family, thanked God for the missionaries who brought him there and blessed the work.
 
We left the house peaceful. I think.
It is all still so incredible to me. What an event.
 
God: 4, Satan: 0
Souls that is. 
Keep fighting, it is worth it. 
Plus, we already know who wins.
I love you all!
Hermana Meldrum